The Distribution Operator I/II performs various skilled tasks in the operation, installation, maintenance, and repair of water distribution facility systems, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and operates a variety of light to heavy power-driven equipment.
- Perform activities involving pipeline construction, meter installation and repair, and general maintenance/repair of transmission mains.
- Install, repair, and maintain water system infrastructure such as water mains, transmission mains, gate valves, meter connections, service laterals, fire hydrants, air relief valves, blow-offs, and appurtenances.
- Perform all duties associated with automated meter reading process; collect and interpret water meter reads; perform water meter testing; clean, inspect, and rebuild water meters.
- Shut down water mains in emergencies; clean dead end lines by discharging water and fully complying with all permit conditions.
- Perform utility location with electronic detection and the use of District maps to mark the location of underground District infrastructure in accordance with USA North 811.
Application and Selection Process
To be considered for this position, candidates are required to submit a cover letter, resume, and SSWD application by no later than Friday, July 29, 2022.
Please apply on our website at www.sswd.org.
In order to be considered for the position, all three documents must be submitted. For more information see full job opening booklet here.