Join us for SAWWA’s August General Meeting with keynote presentation by Dennis Diemer, Woodland- Davis Clean Water Authority (WDCWA) General Manager. A tour of WDCWA’s new Regional Water Treatment Facility will follow the meeting.
Historically, the Cities of Woodland and Davis have always relied on groundwater for 100 percent of their water supplies. The new 30 million gallons per day (MGD) surface water facility will deliver 18 MGD to Woodland and 12 MGD to Davis and UC Davis.
The project used a Design-Build-Operate (DBO) service contract for the design and construction of project facilities and to operate and maintain the water treatment
facility. This approach resulted in lower construction costs and fixed costs for operations for up to 15 years.
After decades of planning and two years of construction, the WDCWA Regional Water Treatment Facility is finally a reality. Operations began in June 2016, and the
ribbon cutting was celebrated on July 28, 2016.
Due to the anticipated popularity, the tour is limited to 45 participants.
- Current SAWWA members will be given priority for tour spaces.
- Guests will be placed on a tour wait list and added to the roster if space is available.
All SAWWA members and guests are invited to attend the general meeting. See attached flyer for more information…SAWWA 2016 Aug 18 Mtg and Tour Flyer v2a
WHEN: Thursday, August 18, 2016
- SAWWA General Meeting with Breakfast: 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- WDCWA Regional Water Treatment Facility Tour: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00pm.
- Meeting/Breakfast: Woodland Community and Senior Center (2001 East St., Woodland)
- Directions from the Community Center parking lot to the Regional Water Treatment Facility:
- From parking lot, turn right onto East Street
- Turn right onto E. Gibson Road.
- E. Gibson turns into County Road 24 as it crosses County Road 102
- Turn left onto the first access road, heading toward Costco/I-5
MEETING COST (breakfast included): Members – $20 and Guest – $25
BREAKFAST: Scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, crisp bacon, sausage links, buttermilk pancakes with
maple syrup, fruit slices with berries, orange juice, and fresh brewed dark roast coffee.
RSVP: Please RSVP ASAP but no later than Friday, August 12, 2016.
Email your RSVP to: Ken Ingle at firstname.lastname@example.org.