Sacramento Suburban Water District (SSWD) is hiring a Purchasing Specialist, (Temporary / Part-Time Position).
The Temporary Purchasing Specialist performs a variety of duties related to the purchasing of District materials and supplies; prepares and reviews purchasing specifications and quotes; receives, stores, and distributes materials and tools at the warehouse and other locations.
Typical tasks include:
- Purchases equipment, materials, chemicals, and supplies to enable the District to provide necessary services and projects, including during emergency situations.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders.
- Oversees an inventory control system for materials, supplies, and parts for the District.
- Operates and maintains asset inventory and accounting systems connected to the District’s financial accounting system.
- Investigates and develops new vendors and sources of supply and maintain the District’s relationships with current supplier contacts.
- Develops forms and processes for quotes, analyzes information, negotiates as necessary, and recommends vendors.
- Verifies the accuracy of amounts billed against the bid/quote prices.
- Processes inventory receipts, receives inventory and verifies the accuracy of shipments; reports problems and discrepancies to vendors.
- Performs periodic inventory counts to ensure quantity control and systems accuracy as well as a complete physical count for annual auditing purposes; processes and documents surplus items for disposal.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with coworkers, outside agencies, vendors, consultants/contractors, and the public, using principles of good customer service.
This is a temporary position that is limited to less than an average of twenty (20) hours per week, and as such is not eligible for benefits.
All interested candidates must submit an SSWD application through the SSWD website at www.sswd.org.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, March 23, 2023
To view the job posting click Job Announcement – Temp Purchasing Specialist – 03.07.23