The Distribution Operator I/II performs a variety of skilled tasks in the operation, installation, maintenance, and repair of water distribution facility systems, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and operates a variety of light to heavy power driven equipment. Duties include:
- Perform activities involving pipeline construction, meter installation and repair, and general maintenance/repair of transmission mains.
- Install, repair, and maintain water system infrastructure such as water mains, transmission mains, gate valves, meter connections, service laterals, fire hydrants, air relief valves, blow-offs, and appurtenances.
- Perform all duties associated with automated meter reading process; collect and interpret water meter reads; perform water meter testing; clean, inspect, and rebuild water meters.
- Shut down water mains in emergencies; clean dead-end lines by discharging water and fully complying with all permit conditions.
- Perform utility location with electronic detection and the use of District maps to mark the location of underground District infrastructure in accordance with USA North 811.
To be considered for this position, candidates are required to submit a cover letter, resume, and SSWD application to email@example.com by August 18, 2021. Applications can be found at www.sswd.org
For more information please review this brochure…SSWD_DO Recruitment Brochure for website and posting final