Under the general supervision of the Supervisor – M&I Operations, performs a variety of technical and semi-skilled duties involved in the maintenance, installation, and repair of the District’s water distribution infrastructure, with particular emphasis on water meters, backflow assemblies, pressure reducing stations, telemetry and other appurtenances, to ensure the proper operation of the system.
DEPARTMENT: Water & Power Operations
SALARY: Salary Range: 143 – 157 (5 steps within each range)
Assigned Salary Range based on License and Certifications Held
- No Qualifying Certifications – Salary Range 143 / Step 1 – $31.38
- One Qualifying Certification – Salary Range 148 / Step 1 – $33.40
- Two Qualifying Certifications – Salary Range 152 / Step 1 –$35.08
- Three Qualifying Certifications – Salary Range 157 / Step 1 – $37.39
Three (3) Qualifying Certifications:
- California Department of Public Health Grade Level D-4
- California Department of Public Health Grade Level T-2
- Certified Cross-connection Control Program Specialist: CA NVAWWA or NCBPA
POSITION POSTED: January 17, 2017
FINAL FILING DATE AND TIME: February 24, 2017, 5:00 PM
If you wish to apply for this position, you must complete an application Distribution System Technician Job Posting and Attachments and return it to Human Resources by the final filing date and time.
You may also obtain an application packet from Human Resources or www.sidwater.org.