The Sacramento Suburban Water District (SSWD) has a job opening for a Production Operator I-II position. The Production Operator I/II performs a variety of skilled maintenance, repairs, and preventative maintenance on production facilities, including, but not limited to, wells, iron/manganese treatment plants, storage tanks (elevated and ground), booster stations, pressure reductions stations, and interties. Duties include:
- Regulate and control the amount of chemicals used to maintain specified water treatment requirements.
- Perform preventative maintenance on pumps, motors, chemical analyzers, booster pumps, water quality testing devices, internal combustion engines, chemical feed pumps, chemical injection systems, sample stations, hydraulic valves, air compressors, sump pumps, air release valves, level transducers, and generators.
- Operate complex field test equipment (e.g. chlorine, PH, conductivity, and hardness meters).
- Titrate, transfer, and handle hazardous materials on a daily basis.
- Monitor, review, interpret data and adjust controls within the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system to ensure proper operation of District facilities; operates a system to balance system pressure, conjunctive use, and contractual obligations.
The Production Operator I/II is considered a “first responder” during emergency conditions; candidates must live within thirty (30) minutes travel time of the District’s Corporation Yard (5331 Walnut Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841).
For the complete job application, please download the Job Opening Brochure SSWD_Production Operator I-II Recruitment Brochure 2021…
To be considered for this position, candidates are required to submit a cover letter, resume, and SSWD application by April 7, 2021, to: