The Sacramento Suburban Water District (SSWD), located in Sacramento, California, is a publicly owned and operated water utility formed in 2002. SSWD provides water to over 194,000 customers from 70 operational groundwater wells. SSWD is looking to fill a current job opening position – Customer Service Representative I/II.
Under direct supervision, the Customer Service Representative I/II is responsible for performing a variety of functions within the Customer Service department including:
- Communicating with customers face-to-face, by telephone, and via electronic mail, collecting appropriate funds, and coordinating the establishment of services with other District staff.
- Performing cashiering duties, and payments with a paystub generator, including preparing a daily deposit and maintaining an accurate cash drawer count.
- Receiving and responding to inquiries about District services; resolving various questions related to accurate meter readings, high consumption, delinquent accounts, disconnects, reconnects, non-reads, and improper billings.
- Coordinating inquiries with account status, meter location, type of installation, and meter size with appropriate District staff.
- Performing fiscal recordkeeping in maintaining and updating billing accounts.
All interested candidates must apply through our website at www.sswd.org.
Please note that this recruitment will close Friday, September 23, 2022, OR once we receive a max of 150 applications, whichever occurs first.